Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mambo -> Joomla 1.0 -> Joomla 1.5

Mambo tutorials seem to help somewhat, but sometimes they are way off. Like Joomla! components added an extra presentation layer, e.g. hello.html.php gets added to hello.php.

I'm confident about finishing my little Jambla I mean Joomla customization quickly and I will post haste contribute to documentation, but the budding Joomalateer has to carefully navigate between the Scylla of Mambo and Charybdis of Joomla 1.5 with the new Joomla Framework API (everything prefixed with a J, JExec, JGetParam, etc...thought Joomla and Java were getting together there for a moment).

The tutorials at Joomla Development Wiki (Tutorials seem to all use the new API so they are Joomla 1.5 which I would like to master here shortly, but I got to get a reliable production system running quickly. Joomla 1.5 appears to only be in the Alpha stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home